Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

THIS FEATURE WILL BE AVAILABLE MARCH 2023

Design

Utilizing i2b2's reusable application programming interface (API)

to support

, the OMOP data model is now supported. The

ACT

ENACT-OMOP ontology queries OMOP table views that correspond to the OMOP table structure.

On one database, the OMOP

The i2b2 query tool tables and ENACT-OMOP ontology are installed in a he OMOP data and the i2b2 application layer are loaded. With the ontology, it becomes possible to query OMOP tables using the i2b2 interface.

Image Removed

Steps to build ACT-OMOP Ontology

The design document can be found here.

Image Added

Step 1: Acquire downloads

First, download the necessary components onto a computer that can connect to your target database and from which you can run SQL queries.

Step 2:

Create

Install i2b2, with ACT-OMOP core tables

and Views (OMOP, i2b2, and ACT-OMOP specific):OMOP:

, views, and ontologies.

In 3.4.2
  • OMOP: If you will be creating a new OMOP database for this installation, then:
    • Run the OMOP 5.4 DDL SQL Scripts you downloaded in the last step, using a SQL client.
      • It is recommended to run the DDL, indices, and primary key scripts, but NOT the constraints scripts. This can cause problems during ETL.
    • This step can be skipped if you already have OMOP on your target database.
  • If you have not installed i2b2 previously (i.e. you are not setting this up as an i2b2 Project in a larger installation):
  • i2b2: Follow the instructions in Chapter 3 of the i2b2 installation guide to create the additional i2b2 tables needed for the application server: Chapter 3. Data Installation, these sections specifically:
  • 3.4 Crcdata Tables  
      •        
      Perform
      •      
      • Image Added
      • Instead of CRC install step 3.4.
    5. Run the ant command:                                     
      • 4, drop the patient_dimension and visit_dimension tables from the database. For convenient reference, the correct steps 3.4.3-3.4.5 are summarized here:

ant -f data_build.xml create_crcdata_tables_release_<version no>
        FROM THE DATABASE: DROP PATIENT_DIMENSION; DROP VISIT_DIMENSION;
        ant -f data_build.xml create_procedures_release_<version no>
        ant -f data_build.xml db_demodata_load_data

This

• The final ant script will create act-omop Views, which point to the OMOP tables, and loads the concept_dimension table with act-omop concepts data

Info

You will need to drop PATIENT_DIMENSION and VISIT_DIMENSION before you load any data.

Image Removed

Step 3: ACT-OMOP v4 ontology data load process

• Follow the instructions in Chapter 3 of the i2b2 installation guide to create and load the ACT-OMOP metadata project.
  • 3.7 Metadata Tables
  • In 3.7.2, edit the Metadata db properties file.  In db.properties, set db.project=ACT-OMOP  parameter which will direct the ant script to load the ACT-OMOP ontology.                          
  • In 3.7.
      • . The first two steps create the standard CRC tables and procedures.

• In 3.7.4, only load the regular data, not the identified data. Run the ant command:

•                                      ant -f data_build.xml db_metadata_load_data  

• This will execute the  SQL scripts from the edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_
    1-7
            • <version no>\NewInstall\Metadata\act-omop\scripts\<db type> folder and:
              • Creates ACT-OMOP v4.1 Ontology metadata tables with indexes. 
              • Loads the act-omop metadata
      • Make sure i2b2 is configured for multiple fact tables by changing the appropriate entry in the database.
    Info

Be sure to drop/rename PATIENT_DIMENSION and VISIT_DIMENSION tables before you run the db_demodata_load_data ant target.

Info

The Lab metadata tables should have data in the C_METADATAXML column in order for the lab values to be queriable from UI

If the C_METADATAXML is missing from the source ontology Lab metadata file, you can load the values from the standard i2b2-ACT Lab metadata table.

Step 4: Create Project

Finally

Info

The CPT4 ontology table is not included with i2b2 due to AMA restrictions on redistribution of CPT code information. Contact the ACT team to get a copy if your institution is an AMA member.

Step 3: Advanced Users - Create Project

If an OMOP project will coexist with an i2b2 project, set up an i2b2 OMOP project pointing to the i2b2-OMOP database that you just configured.  

6.6.0. [DRAFT] Guide to creating a new project with the admin tool.

Verify the Ontology is displayed and queriable from the webclient

Info

The concept_Dimension is populated from metadata tables.

Verify create_omop_act_concept_dimension.sql to ensure it has complete metadata tables information before running the script

Example: the ACT/OMOPVital_Signs information should be in the script to load the ACT/OMOPVital_Signs concept data

Notes

Both the ACT-OMOP Ontology tables, views and data is available under edu.harvard.i2b2.data\Release_1-7<version no>\NewInstall\Metadata\act-omop folder.

Image Modified

The scripts are in this folder:

These are the ACT-OMOP ontology tables.

ACT_ICD10CM_DX_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_ICD10PCS_PX_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_ICD9CM_DX_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_ICD9CM_PX_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_CPT4_PX_V4_OMOPACT_HCPCS_PX_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_MED_ALPHA_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_MED_VA_V4V41_OMOP

ACT_MEDLOINC_VALAB_V4PROV_V41_OMOP

ACT_LOINC_LAB_PROVV41_V4_OMOP