- Facilitates annotating a Workplace item (object) with#* distinct short paragraphs, for better descriptions;#* keywords (tags), to facilitate searches; and#* author.
- Dynamically keeps count of the length of the annotation as it is being updated, and warns the user when it reaches the length limit.
- Displays the saved annotation for review.
- Navigate to the "Specify Object" tab. Drag the desired item (object), from the Workplace panel, and drop it into the drop-in box.
- Click the "Annotate" tab, and wait for the existing annotation to be fetched and displayed:## Any existing annotation text paragraphs will be displayed in corresponding, dintinct, beige text area, along with 2 extra blank, white text areas for any new paragraphs to be added.## Existing keywords (tags) will be displayed in the next-to-last text area (beige if there is existing entry, white if blank).## Existing authors will be displayed in the last text area (beige if there is existing entry, white if blank).
- In addition to the length for each text area, the overall length of the annotaation is also displayed at the top and bottom.
- Make any updates to any appropriate text area, and its corresponding length count, along with the overall annotation length counts, will be immediately updated for instant feedback.
- Any updated text area will turn light pink to indicate changes.
- A dialog will be displayed when the annotation length limit is reached, and no more new characters can be added. The text area where the offense occurred will be changed to bright red for additional feedback.
- Once appropriate characters are deleted to bring the annotation within limit, normal character addition may proceed, so long as it is under the length limit.
- Finally, click the "Review Result" tab to view the resulting saved annotation.
- This plugin works on the following browsers: Firefox (v.4.0.1), Chrome (v.12 .0.742.122- v.17), Safari (v.5.0.5)
- It is not compatible with Internet Explorer (v.9.0.18 & v.9) -- we are working on a fix in the next release.
- The i2b2 Web client itself does not work on the following browser: Opera (v.11.50 or v11.61).
Added support for Internet Explorer