About the WISE-searcher Web Client Plugin
This plugin is part of the WISE (Workplace Items Sharing Enhancement) Tool Set developed as a result of feedback and suggestions from the i2b2 users community in the University of Massachusetts Medical School. As its name implies, the purpose of this tool set is to facilitate and enhance the sharing of the items or objects in the Workplace panel of the i2b2 web client; to the extend that unnecessary repetitions of preious works can be prevented or minimized.
This plugin provides the following main functions:
- Finds all Workplace items / objects (folders, queries, patient sets, etc.) containing the terms provided (in either their annotations or their names), in the conditions selected.
- Tabulates such found items (with their corresponding icons) in the alphabetical order of their paths.
- Optionally exports aforementioned tabulated data (without the item icons) into an Excel spreadsheet file or / and a CSV file conveniently.
- Navigate to the "Specify Search" tab. Enter the comma-separated search terms into the input text area.
- Select the appropriate Match option radio button.
- Finally, click the "Result" tab to view the tabulated search result.
- This plugin works on the following browsers: Firefox (v.4.0.1), Chrome (v.12 - v.17), Safari (v.5.0.5), and Internet Explorer (v.8 & v.9).
- The i2b2 Web client itself does not work on the following browser: Opera (v.11.50 or v.11.61).
Added supports for 'ignoring case', 'exclusion terms', & 'CSV export', etc.
This plugin is free to the rest of the i2b2 community. It can be downloaded from the University of Massachusetts Medical School website for i2b2 related downloads, as well as the Google Code project download page set up for it.
This plugin is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
This software is distributed as a plugin to the i2b2 v1.3 & v1.6RC2 webclient framework, and may be used free of charge. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This plugin was created by S. Wayne Chan, Rajani Sadasivam, Thomas Houston, & the Bio-Medical Informatics (BMI) Core Team, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA.
Copyright 2011, 2012 University of Massachusetts Medical School.
This plugin leveraged off the following:
- the general construct / format /style / template used in the i2b2 web client plugin examples by N. Benik & G. Weber;
- the XLS export feature of the ExportXLS plugin by M. Bucalo, Universita' di Pavia.