- Since it is possible for the server (i2b2 hive) to take a long time to provide all the data requested, this plugin provides occasional updates of 'Elapsed time' and 'estimated remaining run time', etc. displays while the data are being fetched. These displayed values are at best rough estimates based on occasional data coming back from the server. In the case of zero 'Query Subgroup Size' selected (i.e. no query-subgrouping), then there would be no data coming back from the server until either of the following situations:** The whole, single, query is done.
- The server itself started paging (i.e. query-subgrouping), and the result of the 1st of such paged subqueries just arrived.
- The server got overwhelmed by all the excessive data and failed, returning an 'error'.
- In any of the cases above, the updates of 'Elapsed time' and 'estimated remaining run time' will be quite infrequent, as updates from the server (i2b2 hive) will most likely take a long time, and far and few in-between, if any.
- This plugin also tries to provide updates on the current subgroup the server (i2b2 hive) is fetching. However, in the cases when the server (i2b2 hive) itself started paging (i.e. query-subgrouping), then the current subgroup # being fetched may exceed the original stated total number of subgroups.
This software is distributed as a plugin to the i2b2 v1.3-1.7 webclient framework, and may be used free of charge. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The latest version of this web client plugins can be downloaded from TBD..