<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Upgrade i2b2 Software</title> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta name="description" content="Upgrading the i2b2 Software to the latest version" /> <meta name="keywords" content="i2b2, release, upgrade, 1.7.10" /> <!-- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="/stylesheets/i2b2-wiki.css" /> --> </head> <body> <h1 class="releaseHeading" id="upgradeVersion-current">Upgrade to Release 1.7.10 from 1.7.09c</h1> </body> </html>
|Release Date:||December 6May 14, 20172018|
|License:||i2b2 Open Source License|
|Description||i2b2 Released Version||Minimum Version Required||Download Link||Requirements|
|Files to upgrade the i2b2 server to 1.7.09c.10||1.7.10||1.7.09c||05||i2b2upgrade-1705-to-1709c.||See Technical Details section on the i2b2 Upgrades page.|
|Files to upgrade the i2b2 Database to 1.7.10||1.7.10||i2b2createdb-1710.zip|
|Files to upgrade the i2b2 Web Client to 1.7.10||1.7.10||i2b2webclient-1710.zip|
- Release 1.7.10 contains changes to the i2b2 database and Web Client. Therefore in addition to the
- i2b2upgrade-1710.zip file you also need to download the i2b2createdb-1710.zip and i2b2webclient-
- files. The process of installing the i2b2
- Because this release contains Web Client changes, the i2b2 Admin module that resides on the i2b2 server will also need to be updated. The Web Client and Admin share code and although none of the changes are specific to the Admin, this update in necessary to make sure the two applications remain in sync.
- Web Client has not changed. If you have questions on how this is done you can find additional information in Chapter 7. i2b2 Web Client Install of the i2b2 Installation Guide.
- The i2b2 Admin module no longer needs to be setup on the i2b2 server. This is due to a new feature introduced in release 1.7.10 that enables a single sign-on location for both the Web Client and Admin Module. Please see the 1.7.10 Release Notes for additional information.
- If you are upgrading to 1.7.10 from a release prior to 1.7.09c it is important you read the upgrade documentation before upgrading your system because earlier upgrades had changes to properties files. When a release has a change to a property file as did 1.7.09 we will make note of it and outline the steps to merge the changes into your local properties file.
Knowing some sites have remained on JBoss 7 while some have upgraded to WildFly 10, we have gone ahead and provided Step-by-Step Instructions for both scenarios. For the most part the overall process is very similar. What is different, is the path in which the files reside. Expand the box below to see an example of the differences between the two path names.
Step-by-Step Instructions for JBoss
Step-by-Step Instructions for WildFly
Contents of the Zip File
$ /opt/wildfly-10.0.0.Final/bin/standalone.sh -b 0.0.0.0 &
Navigate to your local i2b2 Web Client in your preferred browser and verify you are able to log on and perform standard i2b2 functions. (e.g. Run queries, retrieve previous queries, view breakdowns, etc.)