• This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

html-text
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Upgrade i2b2 Software</title>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="description" content="Upgrading the i2b2 Software to the latest version" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="i2b2, release, upgrade, 1.7.12a" />
<!--    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="/stylesheets/i2b2-wiki.css" /> -->
</head>
<body>
    <h1 class="releaseHeading" id="upgradeVersion-current">Upgrade to Release 1.7.12 from 1.7.09c</h1>
</body>
</html>

Anchor
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-info
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-info

Version Information

Current Version:1.7.12a
Release Date:May, 2020
License:Mozilla 2 Open Source License

Anchor
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-download
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-download

Download

Descriptioni2b2 Released VersionMinimum Version RequiredDownload LinkRequirements
Files to upgrade the i2b2 server to 1.7.12a1.7.12a1.7.09cSee Technical Details section on the i2b2 Upgrades page.

Anchor
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-note
i2b2-upgrade-v1712-note

Notes

Release 1.7.12 contains changes to the i2b2 core Server, database and Web Client.

• The upgrade process is now made easier using  a pre-built war file and the  properties files are now stored in the database.
  • The prebuilt-war file has  all the  core, web and database files  packaged together and available as single download zip file.    

Note: If you are running your application on JBoss, please upgrade to Wildfly before proceeding with the upgrade.

Upgrade Instructions

Excerpt Include
Upgrade i2b2
Upgrade i2b2
nopaneltrue

Below are Step-by-Step Instructions after you have  upgraded to Wildfly.

UI Expand
titleExample Paths to i2b2.war

Code Block
languagepowershell
titleWildFly 10 path
/opt/wildfly-10.0.0.Final/standalone/deployments/i2b2.war/

Anchor
i2b2-upgrade-v1710-stepByStep-WildFly
i2b2-upgrade-v1710-stepByStep-WildFly

Step-by-Step Instructions for WildFly

In the following instructions the variable { version } refers to your version of Wildfly installed.  We have tested with Wildfly 10, 14, and 17.

UI Steps
sizesmall

UI Step

Stop WildFly

Code Block
languagepowershell
titleLinux Example
collapsetrue
$ /opt/wildfly-{version}.Final/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect command=:shutdown

UI Step

Backup your existing i2b2.war directory

UI Expand
titleLinux

On Linux, move the /opt/wildfly-{version}.Final/standalone/deployments/ and save it to a different location outside of /opt/wildfly-{version}.Final/ 

UI Expand
titleWindows

On Windows, move the c:\opt\wildfly-{version}.Final\standalone\deployments\ and save it to a different location outside of c:\opt\wildfly-{version}.Final

UI Step

Extract the download file i2b2core-war-1712a.zip to a folder outside of wildfly folder.

UI Step

Copy all the files from the download war file deployment into your existing WildFly standalone directory.

UI Step

Upgrade Database

Run the following upgrade scripts on your i2b2 database instance, where {db} can be Oracle, sqlserver or postgresql

In data folder

1.7.09c

PmData/scripts/upgrade_{db}_i2b2pm_tables.sql

Crcdata/scripts/crc_create_query_{db}.sql

Hivedata/scripts/upgrade_{db}_i2b2hive_tables.sql

Metadata/scripts/ont_{db}.sql

Run the ant scripts for Metadata and Crcdata for releases 1.7.09C to 1.7.12.

If you are upgrading from 1.7.12 to 1.7.12a, run the  ant script for  Crcdata. 

UI Step

Update the datasource (*-ds.xml) files in your  deployment directory

Copy *-ds.xml files from the backup folder to wildfly-1#.0.1.Final/standalone/deployments

Edit the following files crc-ds.xml, ont-ds.xml, pm-ds.xml, work-ds.xml
and replace ALL the <driver>{something}.jar</driver> with

Oracle

SQL Server

PostgreSQL

<driver>ojdbc8.jar</driver>

<driver>mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8.jar</driver>

<driver>postgresql42.2.8.jar</driver>

UI Step

Migrate cell properties to 1.7.12, if needed. In 1.7.12, cell properties have been moved to the database, in a table called hive_cell_params. If any cell properties were previously changed, they will need to be manually updated in the database. After this, the properties files can be deleted to prevent confusion.

More documentation on setting cell properties is available at this page. Most commonly, the AGG_SERVICE_ACCOUNT password will need to be updated. Generally, the cell URLs do not need to be configured anymore, as the hostname and port is now auto-detected.

UI Expand
titleExample

Properties files are stored at /opt/wildfly-{version}.Final/standalone/configuration/ on Linux and c:\opt\wildfly-{version}.Final\standalone\configuration\ on Windows. The table can be edited with a SQL editor in hive_cell_params.

UI Step

Backup your existing i2b2_config_data.js from your web server

On your webclient backup your existing i2b2_config_data.js to a folder outside of your web server.

UI Expand
titleLinux Example

On Linux, move the folder /var/www/html/webclient/ and save it to a different location outside of /var/wwww/html/webclient

UI Expand
titleWindows

On Windows, move the folder c:\inetpub\webclient and save it to a different location outside of c:\inetpub\webclient

UI Step

Install the new webclient on your web server

UI Expand
titleLinux

On Linux, extract the i2b2webclient-1712.zip to the folder /var/www/html/webclient/ and copy the backup i2b2_config_data.js  to /var/wwww/html/webclient

UI Expand
titleWindows

On Windows, extract the i2b2webclient-1712.zip c:\inetpub\webclient and copy the backup i2b2_config_data.js  to c:\inetpub\webclient

UI Step

Start WildFly

Code Block
languagepowershell
titleLinux Example
collapsetrue
$ /opt/wildfly-{version}.Final/bin/standalone.sh -b 0.0.0.0 &

UI Step

Verify your upgrade

UI Expand
titleTest Web Client

Navigate to your local i2b2 Web Client in your preferred browser and verify you are able to log on and perform standard i2b2 functions. (e.g. Run queries, retrieve previous queries, view breakdowns, etc.)

Anchor
i2b2-upgrade-zip-contents
i2b2-upgrade-zip-contents