IDRT - Integrated Data Repository Toolkit
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Because it operates on the i2b2 database directly rather then using the i2b2 Web Service API, you need a physical connection to that database. This includes network access to the database server (check your firewall when in doubt), a JDBC database driver (for PostgreSQL, it is supplied within the tool) and a database account that was granted the right to write to the required i2b2 project tables. If you used the i2b2 wizard to create a project, you already provided the credentials.

Note

PostgreSQL is by default not accessible from computers other than localhost. That means, if you want to connect to a PostgreSQL database from your local computer using the IMT, and i2b2 and PostgreSQL are running within the VM (or on a server), you need to configure PostgreSQL. First, you need to make PostgreSQL listen on all network interfaces:

In postgresql.conf: listen_addresses = '*'

Second, you need to specify the host that are allowed to connect to PostgreSQL.

In pg_hba.conf: host all all 192.168.0.1/32 md5 where your IP address is 192.168.0.1.

The location of the configuration files varies depending on your platform. For the IDRT VM it is   /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/.

Info
Section
Column

Column

In cases of problems, download and install DbVisualizer Free, then try to create a database connection with the same values as entered in the IMT. DbVisualizer is also a Java application that uses JDBC for database connection. It allows to ping the server and its (read) permissions on connect.

If problems persist with DbVisualizer, it is most likely an issue outside the scope of the IMT.