- An interface for users to query the extracted data. We plan to reuse the existing i2b2 web client tool by adding an 'NLP' ontology which contains all of the concepts that could be used to filter and joined with other ontologies such as demographics or codified data.
Quick Start Guide:
In addition to deploying the cTAKES GUI as a war file to a managed servlet container such as JBoss or Tomcat, cTAKES provides a standalone web server version running Jetty out of the box.
- Java JDK (not JRE) 1.6+ is required. Feel free to download and install the Java JDK from:
- Download the cTAKES GUI code (currently in beta) from https://ohnlp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ohnlp/branches/cTAKES-GUI-0.0.1/ctakes-gui-0.0.1.zip
- Unzip the contents to a local directory
- If required, modify the startup.bat or startup.sh with the path to your JAVA_HOME environment variable. Also available as an environment variable is the JETTY_PORT (defaults to 9998).
- Open a command line window/terminal and execute startup.sh or startup.bat
- Wait for the message "Jetty running on http://localhost:9998/index.jsp"
- Open your favorite web browser and point the url to: http://localhost:9998/index.jsp