Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Introduction

The data and application model models of i2b2 revolves revolve around its fundamental functionality of patient cohort discovery. All current queries in i2b2 are returning either patient counts or patient lists.

The Medicare Imaging Demonstration (MID) was authorized by the US Congress in the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008. The goal of the demonstration is to assess whether the use of decision support systems (DSS) that promote appropriate use of imaging services based on medical specialty guidelines, can improve quality of care and reduce unnecessary radiation exposure.

The new core i2b2 functionality was developed by the Center for Evidence Based Imaging (CEBI), a Center of Excellence of the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, in close collaboration with New Atlantic Tech Group, LLC of Newton, Massachusetts.

Sources and Documentation

Version 1.6.09 of the i2b2 core server was used for implementing the #studies query. Download the complete archive here and make the server following the corresponding Install Guide. The changes in the sources and the database are detailed here.

Screen Shots

Title page of the i2b2 instance Image Added
The Query Selection page with the Number of Studies query visible Image Added
The result of Number of Studies query Image Added
The console output showing the Number of Studies query SQL code Image Added

Contacts

Section
Column
width60%
Recently Updated
Column
width5%