Familial, Associational, & Incidental Relationships (FAIR) Initiative.
Space shortcuts
Space Tools

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

• PL/SQL scripts containing useful procedures to be stored and used in the i2b2 DB
    1. FAIRupdate.sql – contains the FAIRupdate( ) procedure.
    2. FAIRshow.sql – contains the FAIRshow( ) procedure.
  • VBS scripts for generating PL/SQL scripts to call the aforementioned stored procedures to update and show the FAIR XML for specified patients in the i2b2 DB
    1. FAIRxls2sqls.vbs – takes an XLS input file that contains the patient FAIR data.
    2. FAIRcsv2sqls.vbs - takes a CSV input file that contains the patient FAIR data.

Instructions

With these tools, a DBA simply need to do the following when it is necessary to input / update

patient FAIR data into the i2b2 DB:

1. Run FAIRupdate.sql and FAIRshow.sql scripts on the i2b2 DB (e.g. via the Oracle APEX GUI)

to load / store the two procedures (note that this only needs to be done once).

2. Compile the patient FAIR data into either an Excel spreadsheet (XLS) file or a comma-

separated-values (CSV) file.

3. Run either FAIRxls2sqls.vbs or FAIRcsv2sqls.vbs against the XLS or CSV FAIR data file,

respectively, to generate the resulting "FAIRxml-updates.sql" and "FAIRxml-shows.sql" (note:

name of each generated file to be specified by the user as part of the invocation of either

VBS utility) script files.

4. Run the "FAIRxml-updates.sql" script on the i2b2 DB (e.g. via the Oracle APEX GUI) to input /

update the patient FAIR data accordingly.

5. Optionally run the "FAIRxml- shows.sql" script on the i2b2 DB (e.g. via the Oracle APEX GUI)

to display the latest patient FAIR data accordingly.

Caveats

N/A.

Browser Compatibilities