Message-ID: <1777962732.8592.1711711542441.JavaMail.confluence@ip-172-30-4-17.ec2.internal> Subject: Exported From Confluence MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_Part_8591_1247165929.1711711542440" ------=_Part_8591_1247165929.1711711542440 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Location: file:///C:/exported.html 210. Introduction

210. Introduction

The "i2b2 Wizard" is a bash-based tool to install and configure = an i2b2 server. An i2b2-Wizard-based i2b2 installation offers much more fle= xibility compared to the official i2b2 virtual machine, but is much easier = than a manual i2b2 installation from source code. i2b2 Wizard provides an e= asy to use semi-graphical menu system to install i2b2, create i2b2 projects= and create users.

This documentation within the i2b2 community wiki was made possible than= ks to funding by the TMF e.V. (see http://www.tmf-e= v.de/EnglishSite/AboutUs.aspx)

This guide aims to be a comprehensive documentation about i2b2 Wizard, c= omplemented with some information about setting up the virtual machine and = the Linux system.

Please note that this guide cannot provide details about installing and = configuring Linux - you do need to have at least some knowledge about Linux= .

Note that the installation (as descri= bed here) is not secure out-of-the-box in terms of networking security. Ple= ase make sure to stick closely to the guidelines and requirements of your i= nstitution when working with patient data!

Special features= of i2b2 Wizard

About i2b2 Wizard

The i2b2 Wizard was started as a student's project in 2010 by Sebastian = Mate to simplify the installation and administration of i2b2. Since then, i= t has received many contributions by other developers (special thanks to Ig= or Engel, Daniel Plog and Axel Newe). In 2012, the tool also became part of= the IDRT and IDRT2 projects (http://idrt.imise.uni-leipzig.de) - funded by the BMBF and carried out by the Universities of G=C3=B6ttin= gen, Leipzig, Erlangen and the TMF e.V.

Copyright and licensin= g

Copyright (C) 2010-2015 Department for Medical Informatics, Friedrich-Al= exander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany

Portions by 'Integrated Data Repository Toolkit' project (IDRT) Copyrigh= t (C) 2012 Technologie- und Methodenplattform fuer die vernetzte medizinisc= he Forschung e.V. (TMF).

Portions by 'Integrated Data Repository Toolkit 2' project (IDRT2) Copyr= ight (C) 2014 Technologie- und Methodenplattform fuer die vernetzte medizin= ische Forschung e.V. (TMF).

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it = under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free = Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) a= ny later version.         &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;      

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITH= OUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or F= ITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for mor= e details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along = with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 = Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

------=_Part_8591_1247165929.1711711542440--