[WEBCLIENT-198] Parameters/Configurations for Web Client Created: 07/Sep/16  Updated: 17/Oct/16  Resolved: 03/Oct/16

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client, Web Client Framework
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.7.08

Type: New Feature Priority: Major
Reporter: Nich Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Completed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Testing Notes: TEST STATUS: Completed
COMPLETION DATE: 09/28/2016

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Test Date: 09/28/2016
Build Number: 1.7.08.0004
Test Status: Passed Testing

Clients Tested:
     i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested:
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

Test Comments:
Tested with the latest Web Client build and it appears to be working correctly except for one minor issue with how the text for the floor threshold appears (see Issues Found section).

Scenarios Tested:
Changed the default values for each of the parameters shown below. Verified the appropriate information displayed in the i2b2 Web Client and the Admin Module.

titleLogoSrc
          loginHeaderText
          loginUsernameText
          loginDefaultUsername
          loginPasswordText
          loginDefaultPassword
          loginHostText
          obfuscatedDisplayNumber
          useFloorThreshold
          floorThresholdNumber
          floorThresholdText

Issues Found:
No issues found during testing.
Participant/s:

Description   
Request from Peter:

At OHSU are working on automating our build system for i2b2 and implementing v.1.7.07. In that effort, we are working to deploy the v1.7.07b webclient.

Per our IRB protocol, we are required to mask counts that are “Less than 10.”

In version v1.7.06 there were edits in at least 4 files in the CRC cell to implement this requirement. In some scripts multiple edits are required.

Now, in v1.7.07 it seems there are either additional or different edits required to implement this change, as the Query Report is now showing “Undefined” while the Query Status and Query Graph tabs are functioning (with edits). Look for another email requesting some javascript assistance

Additionally, we do some vanity branding for our version of i2b2 know as Cohort Discovery, so there are edits in multiple files to display Cohort Discovery.

It might be of utility to others in the community too, if some edits could be rendered unnecessary if the webclient provided a properties file of sorts.

For instance, here a few that might be considered:

1) Vanity/Branding property: Display this name in Title and login window
2) Obfuscation count: Allow institution via a property to set the obfuscation count for those users who get obfuscated counts. EX: 242 +/-3, or if property is set to 5 then, 242 +/-5
3) Less Than Count; Property for threshold when not to display count
4) Less Than Text: Property for syntax that is displayed. In our use case this would be set to “Less Than”

As someone who has struggled with making code changes to conform with our protocol an approach that requires less Javascript mods would be welcome.

Thanks.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 03/Oct/16 ]
i2b2 Development added a new configuration file called:
               i2b2_ui_config.js

This file can be found in the /webclient/js-i2b2/ directory. Site administrators can now customize the look of the i2b2 by modifying the following parameters:

titleLogoSrc
loginHeaderText
loginUsernameText
loginDefaultUsername
loginPasswordText
loginDefaultPassword
loginHostText
obfuscatedDisplayNumber
useFloorThreshold
floorThresholdNumber
floorThresholdText

Documentation for each parameter can be found in the 1.7.08 Release notes as well as the new configuration file.

Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 17/Oct/16 ]
This change was included in version 1.7.08, which was released on 10/07/2016.
Generated at Thu Mar 28 08:48:36 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.