[WEBCLIENT-186] Timeout message not returned when query runs longer than the defined 180 secs Created: 01/Jun/16  Updated: 08/Feb/17  Resolved: 06/Jun/16

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client
Affects Version/s: 1.7.07b
Fix Version/s: 1.7.07c

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Affects View/s:
Query Tool
i2b2 Feature/s:
Queries
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
i2b2 Related Project/s:
PCORI, SCILHS, SHRINE
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Affects Web Browser/s:
All Web Browsers
Testing Notes: Verified the Query Tool times out in the specified time frame and the appropriate timeout message is displayed to the user.
Participant/s:

Description   
If a query is taking longer than the defined 180 seconds to run, the user should be presented with a message saying the query has timed out and will continue to run in the background.
The problem in the PCORI Web Clients (SHRINE and PHS) is the timeout message is not displaying to the user. The client will continue to display "Running" in the Query Status panel and the timer will continue to advance.
The only way to "free up" the client is to log out and log back in. Provided the query has finished running in the background, the user can drag the query from Previous Queries to the Query Tool to see the results of the query.
WARNING:
Whatever you do, DO NOT CANCEL the query because even if the query has finished running in the background the Query will be "cancelled" and the DELETE_FLAG will be set to Y. This means the query will not be visible to the user in the Previous Queries.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 01/Jun/16 ]
This issue was originally reported by the PCORI team and is entered in their JIRA as PCORI-14.
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 01/Jun/16 ]
The following comments were taken from the PCORI-14 JIRA issue:

Donahoe, Janice M added a comment - 27/May/16 9:09 AM

The following error is occurring at the point where the timeout message should appear to the user.
CRC_ctrlr_QryStatus.js:570 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'firstChild' of undefined
callbackQueryDef.callback @ CRC_ctrlr_QryStatus.js:570
retCommObj._defaultCallbackOK @ i2b2_cell_communicator.js:355
success @ i2b2_cell_communicator.js:204
handleTransactionResponse @ utilities.js:17
(anonymous function) @ utilities.js:17

Mendis, Michael E. added a comment - 1/Jun/16 12:09 PM

Found issue and going to be part of 1.7.07c which should be released by end of week
Generated at Fri Apr 26 09:58:17 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.