[WEBCLIENT-167] Plugin installer configurable parameter in i2b2_config_data.js Created: 17/Dec/15  Updated: 25/Jan/16  Resolved: 30/Dec/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: None
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.7.07

Type: New Feature Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Done Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Testing Notes: TEST STATUS:Completed
COMPLETION DATE: 12/30/2015

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 12/29/2015
TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.07.0008
TEST STATUS: Completed

CLIENTS TESTED:
     i2b2 Web Client

ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Windows and Macintosh
     Web Servers: Linux

TEST COMMENTS:
Tested with the latest Web Client build (1.7.07.0008) and no issues were found.

SCENARIOS TESTED

1. Parameter is in config file and points to the installer.

-- In the Admin Module verify the following:
           -- A new link called "Install Plugins from the i2b2 Gallery" appears on the menu bar.
           -- Clicking on this link opens to the i2b2 Web Client Plugins Manager. This should be the admin version where users can select to download or install the plugins.

-- In the Web Client verify the following:
           -- At the bottom of the new Analysis Tools menu a new link that says "Click here to view more plugins in the i2b2 Gallery" appears.
           -- Clicking on this link opens to the i2b2 Web Client Plugins Manager. This should be the user version where users do not have the option to download or install the plugins.

2. Parameter is not in the config file.

-- In the Admin Module verify a link to the Plugin Gallery does not appear on the menu bar.

-- In the Web Client verify a link to the Plugin Gallery does not appear in the Analysis Tools drop-down menu.

3. Parameter is in the config file but it is commented out.

-- In the Admin Module verify a link to the Plugin Gallery does not appear on the menu bar.

-- In the Web Client verify a link to the Plugin Gallery does not appear in the Analysis Tools drop-down menu.

4. Parameter is in config file and points to the wrong location of the installer.

-- In the Admin Module verify the following:
           -- A new link called "Install Plugins from the i2b2 Gallery" appears on the menu bar.
           -- Clicking on this link will return an error saying the page cannot be found.

-- In the Web Client verify the following:
           -- At the bottom of the new Analysis Tools menu a new link that says "Click here to view more plugins in the i2b2 Gallery" appears.
           -- Clicking on this link will return an error saying the page cannot be found.

ISSUES FOUND:
No issues were found.

Participant/s:

Description   
A new “plugin installer” has been developed to assist administrators with the process of installing and configuring plugins for their i2b2 Web Client. This plugin installer is an optional component that can be used with the 1.7.07 version of the i2b2 Web Client. It will not work with earlier versions.

Since the installer is an optional component we have added a new configurable parameter, called ‘installer:’ to the i2b2_config_data.js file. This new parameter will allow those sites that want to use the installer to configure it for their i2b2 Web Client.

The i2b2_config_data.js file will contain the “installer parameter” but it will be commented out by default. If you want to use it simply remove the slashes that appear in front of it and update the value to be the location of where the plugin installer is located.

Example:
          installer: “/plugin_installer/”,

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 25/Jan/16 ]
On 01/22/2016, the 1.7.07 Release was made available at the following locations.

https://www.i2b2.org/software/
 - zip files for release 1.7.07 are available on this site. This includes both the code and documentation.

https://github.com/i2b2
 - source code has been tagged with v1.7.07.
Generated at Thu Apr 18 12:15:47 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.