[WEBCLIENT-144] Concepts with a line break in their name are not displaying correctly in the Timeline Created: 23/Nov/15  Updated: 25/Jan/16  Resolved: 31/Dec/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client Framework
Affects Version/s: 1.7.06
Fix Version/s: 1.7.07

Type: Improvement Priority: Trivial
Reporter: Wayne Chan Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Affects Web Browser/s:
All Web Browsers
Developer Notes: Fixed by Wayne:
Hide "<br>" in any of the dropped-in concept names in /webclient/js-i2b2/cells/plugins/standard/Timeline/Timeline_ctrlr.js
Testing Notes: TESTING STATUS: Completed
COMPLETION DATE: 12/31/2015

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST DATE: 12/31/2015
TESTED BY: Janice Donahoe
BUILD NUMBER: 1.7.07.0009
TEST STATUS: Passed Testing

CLIENTS TESTED:
     i2b2 Web Client

ENVIRONMENTS TESTED:
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Windows and Macintosh

TEST COMMENTS:
This was tested with the latest Web Client build (1.7.07.0009) and it appears to be working correctly. Concepts with a line break <br> in the name will now display on one line.

In addition to testing the Timeline plugin I verified this issue does not exist in the new plugins added to the 1.7.07 Release. The plugins that would have been affected by this issue are:

CARE - Concept Demographics Histograms
CARE - Concept Observation Tally Demographics Histograms
ExportXLS

SCENARIOS TESTED
The following scenarios were tested:

1. Add a concept that has a line break in its name. Verify the following:
     -- On the Specify Data tab, the concept name displays on a single line when add to the Concept/s field.
     -- On the View Results tab, the concept name displays on a single line when when the timeline is rendered.

2. Add a concept that doesn't have a line break in its name. Verify the concept appears correctly on both the Specify Data and View Results tab.

3. Add multiple concepts where at least one has a line break in its name and another does not. Verify the following:
     -- On the Specify Data tab, each concept displays on its own line when added to the Concept/s field.
     -- On the Specify Data tab, the concept with the line break displays on a single line when added to the Concept/s field.
     -- On the View Results tab, each concept displays on its own line when the timeline is rendered.
     -- On the Specify Data tab, the concept with the line break displays on a single line when when the timeline is rendered.

ISSUES FOUND:
No issues were found.
Web Client Plug-in/s Modified:
Timeline
Participant/s:

Description   
In the Timeline plugin concepts that had a line break <br> in their name were displaying on two lines and the <br> was displaying. Normally, the name displaying on two lines is not an issue as this is the intention of a line break. The problem is in the Timeline and other similar plugins the concept being split across two lines causes confusion when viewing the timeline or graphs generated. The other problem is <br> should not display in the name.

The Timeline plugin needs to hide <br> from displaying in the name as well as ignore it when displaying the name. The name should be on one line instead of two.

Comments   
Comment by Wayne Chan [ 30/Dec/15 ]
Fix was checked-in on 11/20/2015 -- but forgot to mark this as "Ready-To-Test", until now! :-)
Thanks.
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 25/Jan/16 ]
On 01/22/2016, the 1.7.07 Release was made available at the following locations.

https://www.i2b2.org/software/
 - zip files for release 1.7.07 are available on this site. This includes both the code and documentation.

https://github.com/i2b2
 - source code has been tagged with v1.7.07.
Generated at Thu Mar 28 17:28:39 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.