[WEBCLIENT-125] Wrong icon appears when dragging previous temporal query to Workplace View Created: 02/Jun/15  Updated: 25/Jan/16  Resolved: 08/Dec/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client
Affects Version/s: 1.7.05
Fix Version/s: 1.7.07

Type: Bug Priority: Trivial
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified
Environment: All supported browswers

Affects View/s:
Workplace
i2b2 Feature/s:
Temporal Queries
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Affects Web Browser/s:
All Web Browsers
Reproduction Notes: Environment: i2b2 1.7 test environment

1. Drag a previous temporal query from previous queries and drop it into your workplace folder.

2. Notice the icon changes from a previous temporal query to the one for a standard i2b2 previous query.
Testing Notes:
TEST STATUS: Completed
COMPLETION DATE: 12/07/2015

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Test Date: 12/07/2015
Build Number:1.7.07
Test Status: Completed (Passed Testing)
Clients Tested :
     i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Windows, Mac

Test Comments:None

ISSUES FOUND:Same issue exists when the temporal query is dragged and dropped onto the query tool group panel from workplace/previous queries panel. will log a separate issue for this
Participant/s:

Description   
In the Workplace view, the "previous query" icon appears instead of the "previous temporal query" icon when you drag a previous temporal query from either Previous Queries to Workplace. The "previous temporal query" icon should appear so that users can easily identify the item as a temporal query and not a standard previous query.

Comments   
Comment by Nich [ 02/Dec/15 ]
The problem here is that the XML for a Temporal query in the Workplace is no different than the XML for a Previous Query. They are both listed as PREV_QUERY type in the workplace.

Therefore, the only way to really differentiate a temporal query from a previous query is by the prefix in the name "(t)".

I am going to go ahead and make the assumption that any query names starting with "(t)" is a Temporal query. However, this assumption fails if someone actually names their query starting with "(t)"--which is unlikely.
Comment by Reeta Metta [ 07/Dec/15 ]
same issue is with query tool group panels
Comment by Nich [ 09/Dec/15 ]
Temporal Icon added to query panels for previous temporal queries dragged into a panel. WEBCLIENT-125 commit #2
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 25/Jan/16 ]
On 01/22/2016, the 1.7.07 Release was made available at the following locations.

https://www.i2b2.org/software/
 - zip files for release 1.7.07 are available on this site. This includes both the code and documentation.

https://github.com/i2b2
 - source code has been tagged with v1.7.07.
Generated at Sat Apr 20 09:58:26 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.