[WEBCLIENT-121] Previous temporal queries do not run in Internet Explorer Created: 26/May/15  Updated: 18/Aug/15  Resolved: 08/Jun/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client
Affects Version/s: 1.7.05
Fix Version/s: 1.7.06

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Affects View/s:
Query Tool
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
i2b2 Related Project/s:
BBP
Affects Web Browser/s:
Internet Explorer
Reproduction Notes: The inability to run a standard previous query can be reproduced in the demo environment (it works in the test environment). The issue with running a previous temporal query can be reproduced in both the demo and test environments.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE/TEST:

1. Drag a previous query or previous temporal query to the Query Name field in the Query Tool.
2. The results from the previous query will display correctly.
3. Click on the Run Query button.
4. The Run Query window will open.
5. Select a result type and click on the Ok button.
6. Notice nothing happens. The previous results are not cleared and the request message is not sent to the CRC.
Testing Notes: Test Date: 06/04/2015
Build Number:
Test Status: Completed (Passed Testing)

Clients Tested :
     i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
     Browsers: Internet Explorer versions 10 and 11
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Windows

Test Comments:
Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. A previous temporal query will now run correctly when it is added to Query Tool.
Participant/s:

Description   
When logged into the Web Client using Internet Explorer users can not run a previous temporal query.

The results from the previous temporal query will display in Show Query Status and Graph Results when the previous query is dropped into the Query Tool. When you click on the Run Query button the Run Query window will open correctly but the name of the query doesn't default (field is empty).

The problem is when you click on the OK button to run the query with the selected results the window will close but the query does not run. The results from the previous temporal query are not cleared and the client does not send an xml request message (runQueryInstance_fromQueryDefinition) to the CRC.

This is only an issue in Internet Explorer (all versions). It works correctly in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 18/Aug/15 ]
The fix for this issue was included in the 1.7.06 release.

i2b2 version 1.7.06 was released on August 12, 2015.
Generated at Fri Mar 29 08:57:06 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.