[WEBCLIENT-109] Web Client may be using the wrong cell data when multiple projects and cells defined Created: 30/Apr/15  Updated: 12/May/15  Resolved: 30/Apr/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client, Web Client Framework
Affects Version/s: 1.7.04
Fix Version/s: 1.7.05

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Issue Links:
Relates
related to CORE-177 Workbench may be using the wrong cell... Closed
related to CORE-156 PM may not send the correct cell info... Closed
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
i2b2 Related Project/s:
SHRINE
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Testing Notes: Test Date: 04/30/2015
Build Number:
Test Status: Passed

Clients Tested :
     i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Mac OS and Windows

Test Comments:
Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. The i2b2 Web Client now includes the project in which the user is logged into when determining a cell’s location and method of communication.

During the testing I verified the i2b2 Web Client is using the correct cell; This was done by looking at the messages the client sends to each cell to make sure the URL in the message is the correct one for that project.
Participant/s:

Description   
When you log into the i2b2 Web Client, the client sends a get services request to the PM cell. The message returned from the PM cell contains the configuration for the user, the domain, and information about the different cells defined for the environment they are logging into. The client uses this information during the session to locate the appropriate cell when performing various actions.

The problem is the i2b2 Web Client is not taking into consideration the project the user is logged into when determining the location of the cell. This may result in the wrong information being returned to a user.

The conditions for this problem to exist are as follows:

1. Multiple projects defined in a single hive.
- AND -
2. The cells associated to each project are specific to the project (i.e. multiple cells with different locations).
- AND -
3. The user logging into the client has access to the different projects.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
JIRA Issue: CORE-156 addressed a problem with the PM Cell not sending the correct cell information when multiple projects and cells are defined.

Example:
In the following example I am only showing the setup of the CRC cell but this issue will happen with other cells (i.e. Ontology, Workflow).

Project 1 is setup with following:
      Project ID = Demo
      Project Name = i2b2 Demo
      Project Path = /Demo

Cell ID = CRC
     Name = Data Repository
     URL = http://location-123/i2b2/services/QueryToolService
     Project Path = /Demo

Project 2 is setup with following:
      Project ID = Demo2
      Project Name = i2b2 Demo 2
      Project Path = /Demo2

Cell ID = CRC
     Name = Data Repository
     URL = http://location-456/i2b2/services/QueryToolService
     Project Path = /Demo2

In the above example, when the user logs into the Demo2 project the PM cell will send the cell data for both CRC cells. The i2b2 Web Client will use the cell data for the first CRC cell that it finds. This may be the CRC cell data for the first project, which means the client, is communicating with the wrong CRC cell.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:
The i2b2 Web Client needs to include the project in which a user is logged into when determining a cell’s location and method of communication.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 12/May/15 ]
Version 1.7.05 of the i2b2 Software has been released and is available for download on the i2b2 website (http://www.i2b2.org/software).
Generated at Fri Mar 29 11:44:36 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.