[WEBCLIENT-108] Value constraint window doesn't open in I.E. 11 Created: 27/Apr/15  Updated: 12/May/15  Resolved: 27/Apr/15

Project: i2b2 Web Client
Component/s: Web Client
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.7.05

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Affects View/s:
Query Tool, Timeline View
i2b2 Feature/s:
Constraints - Text Search, Constraints - Value
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Affects Web Browser/s:
Internet Explorer
Testing Notes: Test Date: 04/27/2015
Build Number:
Test Status: Passed

Clients Tested :
     i2b2 Web Client

Environments Tested :
     Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
     Databases: Not applicable for this test
     Client OS: Mac OS and Windows

Test Comments:
Tested with the latest web client build and it appears to be working correctly. The value constraint windows will now open in I.E. 11

Types of value constraints tested for both Concepts and Modifiers:
1. Numerical value constraint
2. Enumerated value constraint
3. Text search (constraint) [tval_char column]
4. Long Text search (constraint) [observation_blob column]

Scenarios Tested:

1. Verify the appropriate value constraint window automatically opens when dropping the concept or modifier into a panel in the query tool.
2. Right click on an item and verify either Set Value or Set Modifier Value appears as an option and can be selected to open the appropriate value constraint window.
3. Run a query for each type of value constraint (concepts and modifiers).
4. Enumerated value constraints: select multiple values and verify constraint appears correctly in the panel.
5. Numerical value constraints: test each operator to verify it displays correctly in the panel.
6. Drag a previous query to the Query Name in the query tool; verify the value constraints display correctly for all types of values.
7. Run the previous query without changing any values; verify the same results are returned.
8. Edit the value constraints that display when dropping a previous query in the Query Tool; verify the new value constraints display correctly.
9. In the Timeline plug-in add concepts that can have value constraints; verify the correct value constraint window opens.

NOTE: Currently, the Timeline plug-in in the Web Client does not support modifiers or text searches.
Participant/s:

Description   
In Internet Explorer 11 value constraints cannot be defined when you add a concept or modifier to the Query Tool. Normally when you drop into the Query Tool (panel) an item that has metdataxml associated to it, the appropriate value constraint window will automatically open. This is not the case when using I.E. 11; instead the Web Client is behaving as if the item doesn’t have any metadataxml defined.

Current Issues:

1. The value constraint window doesn’t automatically open when you drop a concept or modifier with metadataxml into a panel in the Query Tool.

2. Set Value or Set Modifier Value options are not listed in the popup menu that displays when right clicking on the item in the panel.

3. The value constraint window does not open when adding a concept with metadataxml to the Timeline plug-in.

NOTE: The second issue causes problems with both new items added to a panel and using a previous query that has value constraints already defined on some items.

This is only an issue when using I.E. 11. Earlier versions of I.E. as well as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari work correctly.

Comments   
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 12/May/15 ]
Version 1.7.05 of the i2b2 Software has been released and is available for download on the i2b2 website (http://www.i2b2.org/software).
Generated at Thu Mar 28 15:41:34 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.