[CORE-384] "PM Error reported by CRC web Service Session Invalid" error Created: 21/Feb/20  Updated: 24/Feb/20

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: Install
Affects Version/s: 1.7.12
Fix Version/s: None

Type: Improvement Priority: Major
Reporter: Marcos Davila Assignee: Unassigned
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified
Environment: Amazon Linux 2

Attachments: PNG File i2b2 pingdb error.PNG    
i2b2 Feature/s:
Session Timeout
Affects Database/s:
SQL Server
Affects Web Browser/s:
All Web Browsers
Participant/s:

Description   
Hello all

I have been configuring version 1.7.12 of the i2b2 web client on a virtual machine against a SQL Server Database. I am able to navigate to the web client and log in successfully with the demo user account credentials. Upon logging in, I am greeted with four error messages saying "An error has occurred in the cell's AJAX library. Press F12 for more Information". Pressing F12 does not provide any more information other than that the server sends no XML response.

wildfly has a much more interesting error message in the form of a warning.

{code:bash}
 PM Error reported by CRC web Service Session invalid
[ERROR] edu.harvard.i2b2.common.exception.I2B2Exception: PM Error reported by CRC web Service Session invalid
[ERROR] at edu.harvard.i2b2.crc.delegate.pm.CallPMUtil.getUserProjectFromResponse(CallPMUtil.java:245)
[...]
18:12:03,160 WARN [org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] (ConnectionValidator) IJ030027: Destroying connection that is not valid, due to the following exception: ConnectionID:2 ClientConnectionId: f1118223-4b86-4abb-90f7-b3a40b6d4d6f: java.sql.SQLException: pingDatabase failed
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.oracle.OracleValidConnectionChecker.isValidConnection(OracleValidConnectionChecker.java:72)
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.isValidConnection(BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.java:1297)
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.getInvalidConnections(BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.java:1098)
        at org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.mcp.SemaphoreConcurrentLinkedDequeManagedConnectionPool.validateConnections(SemaphoreConcurrentLinkedDequeManagedConnectionPool.java:1447)
        at org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.validator.ConnectionValidator$ConnectionValidatorRunner.run(ConnectionValidator.java:277)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.pingDatabase()
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1786)
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.oracle.SecurityActions.getMethod(SecurityActions.java:144)
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.oracle.OracleValidConnectionChecker.isValidConnection(OracleValidConnectionChecker.java:61)
        ... 7 more
{code}

I may be misinterpreting this error message, but it looks like there is no such method pingDatabase( ) in the com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection class. This error message makes the web client unusable.

Comments   
Comment by Marcos Davila [ 24/Feb/20 ]
You can disregard this ticket. The issue I faced was that I was using the OracleValidConnectionChecker, not the MSSQLValidConnectionChecker.
Generated at Thu Apr 18 18:36:19 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.