[CORE-248] Obfuscated results missing indicator (± 3) when viewed by non-obfuscated user Created: 08/Jun/15  Updated: 16/Mar/20

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: CRC Cell
Affects Version/s: 1.7.05
Fix Version/s: TBD

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Mike Mendis
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Affects View/s:
Graph Results, Show Query Status
i2b2 Feature/s:
Analysis Breakdowns, Analysis Breakdowns - Graphs, Obfuscation
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Web Client
Affects Web Browser/s:
All Web Browsers
Reproduction Notes: This can be reproduced in both the i2b2 demo and test environments.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Log into the i2b2 as an obfuscated user (no role above obfuscated is associated to your user).

2. Run a query, making sure you check off all the breakdowns.

3. The results will be returned and the obfuscation indicator will appear correctly in the Show Query Results.

4. Now log into the i2b2 as a non-obfuscated user who is also a manager so you can see the previous query run by the obfuscated user.

5. Drag the obfuscated query to the Query Tool and drop it at Query Name.

6. The results of the previous query will display in Show Query Results and Graph Results.

7. Notice there is no indication that these results are obfuscated.
Participant/s:

Description   
When an obfuscated user runs a query the results (including breakdowns) will have a ± and a pre-defined number to indicate the results are obfuscated.

In the i2b2 demo data obfuscated results will appear as follows:

Number of patients: 8±3

THE ISSUE:
The problem is this indicator does not appear if another user who is not an obfuscated user views the results of this query the obfuscation indicator does not appear in Show Query Status or Graph Results. The non-obfuscated user has no way of knowing those results are obfuscated.

For an obfuscated user the number of patients will appear as: 8±3
For a non-obfuscated user viewing the same previous query the results will appear as: 8

There needs to be some type of indicator to all users that the results are obfuscated; Not just obfuscated users.

Comments   
Comment by Nich [ 02/Dec/15 ]
Discussed with Mike on the behavior. Non-obfuscated users dragging over a query run by an obfuscated user should see the actual non-obfuscated results. Also, non-obfuscated users should never see +/- 3 in any of the results.

There seems to be a defect in the CRC for a non-obfuscated user loading a previous query from an obfuscated user.
Comment by Nich [ 02/Dec/15 ]
This looks to be a CRC issue.
Comment by Janice Donahoe [ 08/Feb/17 ]
Re-opening issue to Move it to the i2b2 Core Project to be evaluated by the developer.
Comment by Reeta Metta [ 25/Sep/19 ]
will be fixed as :
any query ran as obfuscated user will be flagged as obfuscated ( for any user view)
Generated at Sat Apr 27 00:49:43 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.