[CORE-150] Left and Right arrows in previous queries not working correctly Created: 19/Sep/14  Updated: 27/Oct/14  Resolved: 27/Oct/14

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: Workbench
Affects Version/s: 1.7.03
Fix Version/s: 1.7.04

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Victor Castro Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified
Environment: windows 7

Affects View/s:
Previous Queries
i2b2 Feature/s:
Filters - Previous Queries
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Core
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Reproduction Notes: This can be reproduced in the 1.7 Test environment.

IMPORTANT
This is also an issue for all users not just managers. Users cannot page through their own previous queries. If they try to click on the Next button (right arrow) they will receive a message that says "No results were found."

If you look at the XML message your will see an error is returned from the server saying "Permission denied". The reason the permission is denied is because the client is sending the <user_id> as "demo" and the logged in user only has access to view their own previous queries.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Important: Do not log in as the Demo user. It is easier to login with another user. The below steps are written as if the user is a Manager and should be able to see the previous queries for all users in that project.

Steps:

1. Log into the workbench using any user other than the demo user.

2. In the previous queries view verify you are able to see queries for all users.

3. Click on the next button (right arrow).

4. Notice the previous queries returned and displaying in the view were all run by the demo user.

5. Click on the previous button (left arrow).

6. Notice once again only previous queries for the demo user are appearing. The previous queries for the other users do not display (even the user you are logged in as).

7. View the XML message that is sent and you will notice the <user_id> is set to "demo".

Testing Notes: Tested with build 1.7.04.0002 and it is not working correctly. It is no longer sending the demo user as the user_id. It is now sending the user_id for the user who is logged into the workbench.

This is correct for those users who have the management role of USER but it is not correctly for users who have the management role of MANAGER.

When the user is a manager it should be returning the previous queries for all users in that project. This last step is not happening in the current build.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tested with build 1.7.04.0004 and it is now working correctly. Users can use the forward and back buttons to page through their previous queries and managers can page through the previous queries for all users.
Participant/s:

Description   
When viewing all user previous queries in the project, if a user clicks the right arrow for the next batch of previous queries, only the next batch of queries for the logged in user is returned.

The constructed XML message request header when pressing the right (and left?) arrows appears to have the user_id hard-coded as <user_id>demo</user_id>?

Generated at Fri Mar 29 11:42:14 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.