[CORE-143] Do not require M_APPLIED_PATH when retrieving modifier information from the Ontology Cell Created: 14/Aug/14  Updated: 04/Jan/16  Resolved: 21/Aug/14

Project: i2b2 Core Software
Component/s: Ontology Cell
Affects Version/s: 1.7.02
Fix Version/s: 1.7.03

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Janice Donahoe Assignee: Janice Donahoe
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Issue Links:
Relates
related to CORE-203 Restore requirement to look at M_APPL... Closed
i2b2 Feature/s:
Modifiers
i2b2 Sponsored Project/s:
i2b2 Core
i2b2 Related Project/s:
PCORI, SCILHS
Affects Database/s:
All databases
Participant/s:

Description   
The M_APPLIED_PATH is a column in the metadata tables that is primarily used for modifiers (concepts will have an '@'). The data in this column is used by the Ontology cell to determine where in the hierarchical tree the modifier should appear in the Navigate Terms and Edit Terms views. In the Edit Terms view it is used when finding the modifier associated to a term.

Currently, when you run a query with a modifier the ontology cell is requiring M_APPLIED_PATH in order to retrieve the correct modifier and the associated concept. This requirement is not necessary. The Ontology cell can ignore <applied_path> when it is sent in the getModifierInfo message as its intended use is for display purposes only and not for identification. The C_FULLNAME is sufficient in identifying the appropriate modifier.

Comments   
Comment by Tom Morris [ 12/May/15 ]
The change associated with this issue caused a significant performance regression in the Ontology cell in 1.7.03. Lookups which used to return a single row now return many rows due to the ONT cell ignoring the additional qualification.
Generated at Fri Apr 26 06:15:27 UTC 2024 using Jira 8.20.11#820011-sha1:0629dd8d260e3954ece49053e565d01dabe11609.